When the Lights Go Out (literally)

Monday night we had a big storm that came through Sugar Land and knocked out power for a lot of people.  Ours ended up being out from 6pm until around 11pm.  I learned several things that night...

1) Everything looks better under candlelight!
2) Ben and I have become WAY too dependent on TV for entertainment.  
3) I wish I had a gas stove (instead of electric) for times like these.
4) My house smells really good when candles are burning in every room.
5) I get a lot accomplished when I don't have the distractions of computers and TV.
6) Ben is more of a drama queen than I ever realized! (regarding it being hot)
7) Our neighborhood comes alive with people when the power is out.  Everyone was taking walks, hanging out in their front yards, etc.  It was great!

I'm hoping to apply some of these lessons learned and make some changes in my daily routine, such as...

- burn my beloved candles more often!
- turn off the TV!!
- spend more time out in my neighborhood!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I love it when we lose power! I hold my family hostage and make them play games and do puzzles with me! My favorite is Monopoly so I always hope it stays out for a while!!

We should have a lights out once a month or so!

The Whalen Family said...

I hate it when the power goes out at Mindy's because so does the WELL!!!