Food Memories

So I'm eating green grapes right now and it's taking me back to a specific place from my childhood--Grandmama's (my mom's mom) kitchen.  I love how food can be such a memory jogger!

Green Grapes and Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwiches* = Grandmama and Grandaddy's house
Doublemint Gum and Fried Okra = Nana and Papa's house

*Grandmama mixed the PB&J together before spreading on the bread.  I don't usually make mine like that now-a-days, but if I want to feel nostalgic, I certainly do!

I can't wait to spend some time in Ethiopia so I can develop some food memories from my child's birthplace! 

What about you?  Got any food memories?  If so, share them with me!

P.S. (because I'm sure this is going to bug my mom) Obviously those aren't the only things I ate at my grandparents' houses.  They were all wonderful cooks and they spoiled their 4 grandaughters like crazy.  Those are just a couple of the food memories from their houses!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Pizza Hut reminds me of every Tuesday night in Mansfield with my family!

I wonder what tuna fish sandwiches remind you of???