Feeling the LOVE!

Seriously, folks—y’all are just TOO sweet to us! Team Huss is really feeling the LOVE these days!  Here are some of the latest highlights...

Gloster Baptist Church Shower
The ladies at my (Lauren’s) home church hosted a shower for us on February 27th. It was so good to see many of the ladies who taught me when I was younger, and to meet some new faces who were kind enough to come even though they only know me through my parents (I haven’t lived in Gloster since 1997!).

Sweet decorations...



Sweet, homemade cupcakes...




Sweet hostesses...




Sweet gifts... 







Sweet sisters...





Sweet Mama...




Sweet nieces...
















Prayer Party
Eden’s Grandma and Grandpa (Mike & Dela Huss) hosted a prayer party for us on March 6th. It was a very special time for us and we received so much encouragement from those who attended. As one of our friends said, even with all of our thought-out prayer requests, we know that there will be many other things that pop up along the way that God knows about and will handle. We just have to trust in His perfect timing and His perfect plan for our family.

Grandpa leading the prayer party...




KPMG Adoption Celebration
My sweet friends who are also my co-workers threw us a party at work on March 7th. I’ve worked at this company for my entire career (8.5 years) and have been in a few different practices, so it was awesome to see representatives from every stage of my career there to support us! Their generosity was overwhelming!

Fabulous decorations...













Fabulous hostesses...





Fabulous gifts...



















Another Special Moment
My 7th grade girls (with the coordination from my co-leaders, Stephanie and Nicholle) each wrote sweet letters to Eden.




















Donations
We continue to be amazed at the generosity of all of you. Between the gifts for Team Huss and the donations for us to take over to Ethiopia, we feel incredibly blessed! We will do a separate blog post later in the week to summarize all of the donation items we’re taking over with us.

But seriously, you guys are TOO sweet!  We feel VERY LOVED!  THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

5 comments:

Mindy said...

i can't speak for everyone but I am so blessed just to be able to watch your journey and help out in teeny tiny ways while you are doing something BIG to change the world!

y'all rock and can't wait to see some blogging from ethiopia!!

Lindsey said...

I am glad to see some of the pictures from the shower came out. :) It was pretty tough. Seems like you are very blessed Lauren to have so many friends and family to support you. Ivan and I will be praying for your trip :)

Brooke said...

Fun, cute stuff all the way around!!

Missy said...

Lauren,
I agree with Mindy. What a testimony and inspiration to watch you go through this journey. I am blessed to call you a friend and I cannot wait to meet your sweet hand-made gift from God. The showers looked like fun. You deserve to be spoiled a little!

The Prescott's said...

I agree with the comments above...I am so blessed to call you friend and only wish I was there to help spoil you guys. Eden is a blessed little girl to have you a parents. We can't wait to hear about your trip.