My Abster

Indulge me as I brag for a moment...I have 6 nieces and nephews (so far) and I am SO proud of ALL of them.  In fact, I find it hard to imagine what type of emotions I'll feel when I have my own children because I can't imagine loving a kiddo more than I love my nieces and nephews.  I just love 'em to pieces! 

Abby is the oldest of the 6 and she'll always hold a special place in my heart.  Although I don't get to see her very often now (because I moved to Texas), I spent a LOT of time with her when she was a baby and because of that I feel a special bond with her.  A few pics to explain (the snuggled up position was very common for the 2 of us)...

Here we are on her birthday (November 26, 1997)!



















And a few years later...



















And on her 5th birthday...















Abby will be a teenager this year (wow!) and I wish I could say that I played a part in helping her develop the creative talent that she has, but that couldn't be further from the truth!  I support her and cheer her on, but I don't have a creative bone in my body.  She does get it honest, though.  Abby's mom is my older sister, Jenny.  Jenny and I are the closest in age of all 4 of us girls, but we couldn't be more opposite when it comes to our talents/gifts.  Jenny is super creative--she can sing, she can dance, she can draw, she can...create!  And well, Abby has certainly followed in her mama's footsteps when it comes to her creative talents!

This is where the bragging comes in.  Here are some pics to showcase Abby's talents--and this is just a snippet...

She dances!
























































She sings & acts!



















She draws & paints!



















Your eyes aren't fooling you--this is a 16x20 in oil pastels that Abby recently did.  Isn't it AMAZING?!?!

Yes, people--she does it all!  And apparently I'm not the only one who is impressed.  As the "Webster Parish Most Talented Student 2009", she has been asked to have an exhibit of her various artworks at an upcoming festival; and was asked to provide three entertainment performances to showcase at her school and throughout the festival!

Go Abster!!

5 comments:

Kandy said...

Oh My! I haven't seen a recent photo of her in a while. What happened to that cute little 5 year old? Seems like she should still be little. She is beautiful and so grown up. Way to go Abby!

Kim said...

What a great post, Lauren! Abby is SUCH an amazing girl and I, too, am SO proud to be and aunt of hers. :) It'll be so much fun to see all of the ways God will use her and the gifts He's given her throughout her life!
It's funny how I am never surprised when I hear of her accomplishments or see her dance or see her paintings and drawings. I guess that's because of what I know of her mama. :) But her talent truly is something to behold!
Love you Abby!!!
Love you Lauren, too!

Mindy said...

well i really could believe she was so cute and crafty but i did think my eyes fooled me when I read teenager!! what?? i can remember riding her around in the back of your old car! congrats to her!

Minutegirl said...

Lauren, this is the most beautiful post!!! It made me tear up. Those days beginning in 1997 seem like just yesterday. 13 is coming way too fast! While it's fun to see her talents grow and develop, I can't help but find myself pulling as hard as I can on the reigns in a desperate attempt to slow 'er down! Thanks for all of your sweet-hearted, wonderful and complimentary words...I love you my Sistas!

Tracy Campbell said...

She is an amazing girl - like her sister and mom. I want a print of the sunflower painting to hang in the house!