Here we go...

...I've entered the blog world! Since I'm not on Facebook (biggest reason is that I think I'd get addicted to it), I figure I could at least share my thoughts with you guys this way.

UPDATE on 9/26/09: I gave into peer pressure and opened a Facebook account. Don't judge me. ;)

I'm not sure what directions this blog will take, but I do want to use it to keep my family and friends updated on what's going on in the Huss world. And I imagine I'll also share my ramblings on various other topics for anyone else who stumbles upon this blog.

For those who don't know me well, I'll let you know a few things...

1) You won't see any political or current event type of posts on my blog. That's just not "me." But if you want to catch great posts on deeper topics, simply check out my list of followed blogs.

2) I'm not a mom yet, so this isn't a "mommy blog." However, I do reserve the right to make it a mommy blog when I do become a mom one day. hehe! And again, if you want some great "mommy blog" posts, simply check out my list of followed blogs.

3) I tend to get a bit wordy when I write. So, I will do my best to keep my blogs short and sweet so I don't lose my readers to simply being overwhelmed with words when they open this blog.

OK, so I'll leave you with this link to YouTube to watch this hilarious literal interpretation of a music video. It's been around a while and it's pretty popular, so many of you have already seen it. But if you haven't, then you have to check it out. It's only 5 1/2 minutes and it will have you laughing for sure! My favorite parts are around the 4:35 mark and the 5:11 mark. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj-x9ygQEGA

6 comments:

Kim said...

Hey Lauren,
So glad you'll be blogging now! Looking forward to reading more. Put me on the list to e-mail when you post.

Okay, the video started out slow for me... probably would have been funnier if I realized right off that this was the actual video of the song... guess I didn't watch enough 80s videos! But once I figured out that this was really an original video that they were dubbing, the hilarity began. :) The part that got me the most was "the feathered guy felt me up" part because I actually had a similar thought when i saw it right before they said that. HILARIOUS! I might have awakened the boys with my cackling!

Thanks for the laugh!
Love ya sis!

Brooke said...

What the effing crap? That angel guy just felt me up...

Anonymous said...

HILARIOUS!! So glad your blogging! Keep it up!

- @na

The Prescott's said...

Yeah!! Welcome to blogspot. Don't worry about making it too wordy I'll always read it!

Mike Huss said...

Was the document I read totally yours or what?

Amy said...

Love the blog!! We need to plan a "ladies who lunch" date soon!!