Kind of Freaking Out

It's all becoming real.  I'm about to be a mom to 3 grown boys!  Don't get me wrong--I'm still extremely excited and can't wait to have them home--but it's starting to kind of freak me out! 

When I let my guard down, the Enemy definitely starts to get to me.  He speaks lies to try to destroy me.  Things like...
"you're totally unprepared for this" 
"this is going to rock your world" 
"they are going to mess up the good thing you have going with your little family" 
"you won't be able to afford the groceries, clothing, and activities they will require" 
"you won't even be able to communicate with them" 
"you don't know anything about raising boys" 
"you don't even know anything about them!"

Thankfully I can replace those lies with TRUTH!

"If you want to find peace, then you need to return to the truth of God's Word that will last forever, not meditate on circumstances that will change and fade.  It is this truth that enables us to go into the future undaunted." - Christine Caine in Undaunted

Here is just a handful of TRUTH to cover my fears...
Matthew 19:26 - with God, all things are possible
Deuteronomy 31:6 - He will never leave me or forsake me
Philippians 4:19 - God will meet all of my needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus
Revelation 21:5 - He makes all things new
1 Peter 5:7 - cast all of your cares upon Him because He cares for you

So, here you go Satan...

Yes, I'm totally unprepared.  But I'll lean on God and He will equip me.

Yes, it is definitely going to rock my world.  But that is a GREAT thing!

Yes, things are going to change around here.  But change is GOOD--I hate monotony!

Yes, our budget will look very different.  But God is my ultimate provider!

Yes, I speak a different language than my boys.  But LOVE can transcend that (and google translate)!

Yes, I'm a rookie in all things boy.  But I'm a fast learner!

Matthew 6:33-34 - Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Whew!  That's plenty of TRUTH to keep me from freaking out.  Thank you, Jesus!

1 comment:

Barb said...

You guys are going to be great! Your love for the boys and your girls and each other and most important God, will far outweigh any potential difficulties. And you have a fantastic support family. Any addition to the family - baby or older, girl or boy - changes things up. Any new health issue or job switch changes things up. Life itself changes up everyday. And when you are feeling the most overwhelmed that is when we know God is right there waiting to lift you up. We are so proud of you and excited.