Baby Bump Update

Here is the 30-week baby bump shot...




















I don't know if I can get away with calling it a "bump" anymore, as it's much larger than the word "bump" entails.

The "Alien" in my Belly
Callie definitely likes to move a lot, and it's a nice reminder to me that she's healthy and active.  She's still breech at this point, so sometimes I can literally feel her feet tap-dancing on my bladder.  Yipes! 

She's also to the size where we can see (not just feel) her movements in my belly.  It's so strange to look down and see a lump moving across my belly!  And often times you can look at me and see that Callie is mostly on my right side (that's where her head is).  I look lop-sided!  So weird, but so cool at the same time.

Moving, Moving, Moving
Speaking of moving, we moved out of our first house last weekend.  It was definitely bittersweet, but we're excited about making the new house our home.  I tried my hardest to not overdo it during the moving weekend, but it's really hard for someone with my organized, OCD tendancies to not step in and help...then add on top of that the "nesting" instinct and let's just say that I definitely overdid it. 

Luckily, my mother-in-law came to my rescue on Monday (Ben was at work) and made us dinner, did Eden's bath and bedtime routine, etc. so that I could just be on the couch with my feet up.  I'm feeling MUCH better now and have promised myself (and Callie) that I won't do that again.  I'm finding that I can unpack most rooms from a seated position, so that certainly helps.

In Good Health and Good Spirits (mostly)
I continue to be blessed with a healthy pregnancy.  My doctor says I'm right on track with weight gain, measurements, etc. and she's really happy with how my pregnancy is going.  I'm definitely more emotional during this final trimester (that's where the "mostly" part comes in), and it doesn't help that we moved out of our first home (lots of emotions tied into that one!).  But thankfully I have a husband who listens to what I say (through my tears) and truly cares enough to "baby me" when needed.  I am a very blessed woman!

Does Eden Understand?
We get this question a lot, and honestly, I have no idea if Eden knows what is coming.  What I do know is that Eden is a very bright little girl and she soaks in everything around her.  She knows where Callie is (in my tummy) and she will hug and kiss her--even on her own with no prompting at all!  And in the doctor's office the other day, she was looking at pictures of all of the babies and I asked her about Callie.  She came and pointed to my belly (and rubbed it) and then pointed to the pictures of the babies on the wall.  It seemed to me that she connected the dots that Callie is an actual baby and not just a lump in mommy's tummy! 

Either way, we know that Eden will be a great big sister.  She is always very loving to other babies--she loves kissing them, so we usually direct her to their toes. ;)  We know that there will be a lot of adjustment when Callie is born, and we know that Eden will have some jealousy over mommy and daddy's time, but we also know that God will guide us in working through all of it. 

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Loving reading your updates! Your baby girls are so special already!!

G said...

You look amazing! :)

And congratulations on your move! (Oh, but it is so hard to leave a first house!) We moved when I was at 20weeks with Toben. The nesting instinct was definitely VERY helpful! :)