Showered with LOVE!

Last Saturday, our small group friends threw us a shower.  I knew that it would be a great shower because those girls are SO creative and they love us, but what they did was beyond amazing!  In what way, you ask?  Well, I'll tell you...

They spent a lot of time researching all about Ethiopia, orphans, and our adoption process.  They used their research to create a fun trivia game for the guests.  We love it because it raised awareness of the orphan crisis and also helped everyone learn more about our daughter's home country. 

They also tied in the decorations and food in to the Ethiopian theme.  All of the food was labeled with an Ethiopian name and the corresponding name of what it would be called in the U.S.  SO creative and special!


They even tied it in to the favors (which were, by the way, homemade by one of the hostesses and absolutely delicious!)...



They bought us an awesome present for little Eden...(by the way, the "EDEN" sign in the back and the cute "e" corsage that I'm wearing were hand-crafted by one of the hostesses--SO cute!)



















And they all purchased one of our fundraiser shirts and wore them to the shower...















Seriously, we are SO blessed!  And we are SO grateful and feel SO special to have them put so much time and effort into the shower.  Thank you Aubre, Carie, Christy, Debra, Ginger, Kim, and Shannon!

Now, more pics from the shower...

One of the cutest onesies we received (from my co-worker, Kerrie).  It's the answer for when folks ask "why Ethiopia?"...it says "...because that's where I was!"  So cute!






















I have to show you the zebra outfit with ruffled leggings (and zebra bib) that my nieces Abby and Alex picked out for Eden!  Eden will be stylin' for sure!



















Some of my sweet 7th grade small group girls (plus our high school student leader) came to the shower...aren't they so beautiful!
















The excited grandmas!  My mom ("Nina" to her grandchildren) and Ben's mom (will be "Grandma" to her grandchildren)
















My sister-in-laws, Sarah and Traci
















My sister, Kim and my Mom
















Friends from KPMG, Kerrie and Lisa
















One of my college friends, Mimi (who is also one of my sorority "little sisters"--so fun!)




















My friend, Jessica, who has such a deep love for Africa after serving in Kenya last year




















Modeling my handmade diaper bag from Debbie Brack (and Aubre is giving me the "stink eye" in the background--haha!)




















Ben came up to the shower at the very end to thank everyone and help load the car (teehee!).  We had him re-open this gift from the Ritchey bunch (Ben works part-time for the Texans, so this was extra-special to him!)...







































Then we had the "man shower" when we got home and he re-opened all of the gifts with my nephews, Timothy and Trey...
















And this about sums it up!


5 comments:

Mindy said...

I think your shower rocks!! What fab friends! And that onesie is the cutest ever!

The Doyals said...

It seems we have a lot of live up to with our shower! So cute!!!

Sarah said...

I love the two-heart onesie! So fun!

Unknown said...

So glad we got to love on you. Sorry for the stink eye! Haha

Brooke said...

Love it! So glad you're doing some "fun stuff" in the midst of all the crazy planning!

B