In Writing

My friend Brooke and I just entered a FITNESS CONTRACT.

(NOTE: I can't get pics to upload right now, so check out her blog for our pics.  She's much more computer savvy than I am anyway...)

We're not overweight girls, but we are out of shape girls. And feeling a little squiggly around the edges...if you know what I mean.

And well, there is no time like the present, so we decided it was time to get in "go mode." It's helpful that we're both of the organized (read: a little bit OCD) persuasion because we had all sorts of fun using forms and files to lay out our personal, ULTIMATE GOAL for this process, as well as how to manage it along the way.

And it looks a little something like this: Every Sunday, we will "check in" with each other, listing our exercise/work out goals for the upcoming week, and "checking in" on whether or not the other kept to the plan she turned in the week before. This involves some specific information and numbers you will never see because it's none-ya, but in general, it's just a manageable exercise schedule.

The fun part is, if one of us falls off the wagon, you can expect public ridicule on my blog or hers.

Just kidding.

Maybe.

We haven't decided.

But we have decided on a reward system. It involves putting money in a jar each week to save for a girls’ weekend when we’ve reached our goal weights/shapes. 

We would LOVE to have your help along the way.  We need a little “tough love.”  Keep us accountable.  When you see us, ask us what we’ve done that week on the exercise front.  Do NOT be the “nice friend” to us.  Do NOT affirm us if we give you excuses.  Instead, pull a Jillian Michaels on us and give us a verbal thrashing.  Seriously.

And feel free to pass along ideas, encouragement or hardcore trainer lingo in the comments!

We'll keep you posted on our progress...

2 comments:

The Goods said...

You go girl! Remember, when the going gets tough "PUSH BEYOND!" That always helped me when I was running the half marathons!

And I played a song on my shuffle that was recorded based on the scripture "I can do all things through Christ who strengthen's me!"

Shelley Burke said...

Oh geez! Good luck! I might need you to share some OCDness to get my life in shape.:)